There is never a shortage in terms of quests to living forever, at least to stay younger with flawless looking skin that never reveals true age. While a majority considers a long list of chemical and surgical anti-aging remedies, still a lot of men and women over 40 consider natural wonderful herbs and supplements, together with healthy lifestyle changes as solution to this long quest to live longer, with fairer and younger skin. To get started, here is a list of herbal supplements you may be missing to look young.
Nine Herbs and Supplements for Younger-Looking Skin
- Turmeric, an herb used as spice in many parts of South Asia, especially in India, is found to possess anti-inflammatory properties, slowing down aging. In fact, not only that turmeric has been popular in household cooking, but it is also famous among Indian women for supplying their bodies with antioxidants coming from it to fight free radicals destroying healthy cells and causing aging.
- Red grapes, containing high levels of resveratrol, are super antioxidant fruits, also in red wine. They have caught much media and public attention for their numerous anti-aging effects that are loved by product makers, too, so they now make the most of these grapes as one of the main ingredients of their commercial anti-aging products.
- Also known as golden berry, Goji is a potent herb containing high antioxidant and phytonutrient levels. It can protect your skin from aging due to its anti-oxidation and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fo Ti (He Shou) is a great Chinese herb that works to reverse hair loss and graying hair. Not only that it’s known for restoring your crown, but it is a potent supplement for longevity and anti-aging in general.
- Fish oil, containing massive levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, is known to reverse the effects of aging because it is able to keep your cells healthy with its anti-oxidation properties, which are also good for the heart.
- Green tea is another herbal remedy to fight the signs of aging; in fact, it has been known for ages being a potent source of antioxidants that keep cells healthy and the body functioning well.
- Bilberry, although small, is big time in antioxidant properties. It can help you reduce the risk of wrinkles and get rid of skin pigmentation and scars. Not that it can fight aging, but it also reduces your risk to eye disorders associated with old age, including cataracts.
- Gotu Kola is a native plant of Indonesia, South Africa, India and China, where it has been used for more than thousands of years. People drink it for speeding up wound healing, promoting mental clarity, reduce the risk ofreduce the risk of varicose veins and improving memory.
- While Vitamin D is not an herb, it possesses numerous anti-aging properties, according to studies. It helps in reduce the risk of premature aging due to pollution and poor lifestyle, prolonging cell life and fighting off biological aging.
So if you were looking for natural anti-aging remedies, never think twice incorporating these into your diet. Before doing so, however, consult your doctor about it so that he’ll be able to assess your overall health condition and to recommend the best anti-aging supplements for you.