Did you know that cosmetic surgeries and chemical products for skin care are not the only solutions you have to get healthy-and-young-looking skin? If you were one of those women reaching pre-menopausal stage, you may be suffering from declining estrogen level in your body, leading to thinning out and losing of skin elasticity, something to notice on the sagging skin around the chest and neck.
And because your skin also becomes insufficient in locking moisture, it suffers from uneven tone and dull appearance and feels drier and lifeless. These and more are some skin issues people in the middle years suffer from, but they can be addressed using the tips shared below.
Anti-Aging Skin Care in Your 40s
- Hydrate by using a moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid, which attracts water, or by putting on a facial mask which offers moisture locking and extra hydration.
- Remove makeup before sleeping so that you can allow skin pores to breathe and the skin to repair itself while you sleep. You can use a toner/cleanser containing glycolic acid to apply on your skin for removing dead skin cells and keeping a youthful glow.
- Do skin exfoliation up to three times per week at night, one of the most important skin care remedies for people in their 40s. (*Not only on the face, but also on the whole body).
- What can you do about the visible damage that starts to show? As time passes by, your skin suffers from accumulated damage due to many factors, such as sun exposure, poor diet and pollution. And because your skin gets thinner, it also becomes more prone to damage. To fight off skin aging due to these elements, always wear SPF lotion when going out the sun. (*Skin care products with SPF 30 or over for better protection). Reapply it every two hours, especially if you were out and exposed to the sun’s harmful rays (e.g. in the beach, in the field…)
- Consistently include vegetables in your diet so that you can keep your skin hydrated, and by saying that means you can also opt for cucumber, asparagus, fennel, carrots, lettuce and radish, which contain high amounts of water. These vegetables are great for all skin types, so you may want to combine them in meal planning, or you may want to make a salad combining different veggies dressed with lemon juice or olive oil.
- Eat more nuts and seeds, according to skin care experts, so that you can improve the overall condition of your skin with their high level of healthy fats, fiber and omega-3. You can opt for sunflower seeds, nuts and flax seeds as replacements to traditional snacks.
- Drink hot herbal tea to stay hydrated throughout the day. Add variety to traditional tea by adding fresh lemon or honey into it. Tea is not only for great-looking skin but also for healthy digestion that also results to good skin appearance.
There you have our top anti-aging skincare tips that you can apply and follow so that you can stay fabulous and gorgeous. Most importantly, embrace the changes to your skin and avoid stressing on aging. Perhaps, over worrying kills happiness, resulting to wrinkled, saggy skin. Instead, develop a positive attitude and achieve inner peace that shows—with lovely-looking skin even in your 50s.