No one can stop the time (and aging), but you can do something to feel and look younger now. For some, surgeries, expensive treatments or a stock of potions and lotions may be the answer but not exactly. Perhaps, you can forget about all these remedies and start looking young by examining your daily habits and making simple changes in your routines. Let’s check out today’s tips for some things you can do to achieve an anti-aging lifestyle!
Anti-Aging Tips That Work for People 40+
- Engage in physical activities (Pick something you love and everything follows—better motivation, enjoyment and interest). First off, exercises help build bone mass, something to reduce the risk of injuries, such as broken hips, after a fall. When you are active, your heart rate becomes active, too, and that results to better blood circulation and more oxygen to circulate in your body. It also helps in increasing the blood flow in your brain, which then releases serotonin, the ‘happy’ hormone.
- Get enough of sleep, preferably at least seven hours per day, to avoid cognitive issues and fast skin aging. Studies revealed that people over 40 who don’t sleep well are more prone to developing fine lines and uneven skin pigmentation as well as to losing skin elasticity. But they can recover faster from skin stressors from the environment and toxins with proper sleep.
- Practice good eating habits by picking the right foods, such as green tea, nuts, broccoli, white chicken meat and whole grains, among others. In addition to these, make sure to include Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet, and it is something to get from fish, including mackerel, salmon and tuna and they don’t only slow down the aging process, but they also help you reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Learn how to manage stress and develop a positive life outlook. Positive people live longer than their counterparts by up to seven and a half years at an average. Live a life full of compassion, laughter and love. Help others, cultivate social relationships, celebrate the older years and stay young at heart. And of course, don’t limit yourself but always strive to learning new things.
- Practice and train your brain. One of the most common problems associated with aging is memory decline leading to forgetfulness and worst, dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. An anti-aging secret to help you avoid mental decline is learning a few techniques that can focus on your body, mind and spirit and that can keep the neurological pathways open. Certain examples of brain training activities include solving crosswords, learning a new language, practicing awareness of the surroundings (smell, sight, sound…). So without even saying, the old adage “Use it or you will lose it” proves true when it comes to brain health during the old age.
- Engage in regular sex to help you become at least seven years younger than you actually are. According to recent researches, sex does not only make you look younger, but it also aids in lowering the blood pressure, boosting the immune system, calming the brain and improving sleep. Plus, regular sex also increases your body’s serotonin levels, fighting stress off.
Aging cannot be stopped, but at least can be slowed down! Definitely, you can do something to reversing its effects and some of the best ways are mentioned above. You can adapt and follow these tips to include in your lifestyle so that you can age gracefully and get the most out of life.